Five things to know about sleep apnea
1. There are two types of sleep apnea, central sleep apnea, mainly caused by heart attacks or strokes, and obtrusive sleep apnea which is much more common. Obtrusive sleep apnea is caused by a blockage of the back of the throat due to enlarged uvula or enlarged tonsils or anything blocking your airway.
2. You actually stop breathing while you are sleeping. The lack of oxygen that you receive will panic your body and make you wake up.
3. Losing weight isn't the only way to stop sleep apnea. You can be thin and still have a problem with sleeping. Although most doctors will tell you that losing weight will make the sleep apnea less severe.
4. The effect that sleep apnea has on your body can result in high blood pressure and heart disease.
5. There are machines called cpap and bipap that can help in the control of sleep apnea. But they don’t always work for everyone.
Feel free to comment and please subscribe to my RSS Feed