You will need a cleanser (not one that’s harsh), water and a damp towel.
- Unplug the machine first
- Undo the mask and hose from the machine
- Wipe down the outside of the machine
- Clean the mask with a mild cleanser, gently wiping the inside and outside of the mask. Also check for any tears that may occur in the mask
- Inspect the hoses and then run water through them. Of all the parts on a cpap this probably needs to be cleaned the most.
- If you have a humidifier, fill the water according the specifications in the user’s manual.
- As for how often to clean, once again check the user’s manual.