Thursday, July 23, 2009

Do you pull off the cpap mask in the middle of the night?

When I was using the cpap mask years ago I probably made it through about 4 or 5 hours before I would pull off the cpap mask. After I did that it seemed like I slept better. Although looking back I probably didn’t sleep better with the mask off it just seemed more comfortable than having the mask off.

From what I have read I’m not the only person who did that. In sleep apnea forums I have found that it is common for sleep apnea sufferers to wake up in the middle of the night with a dry throat, or dry gums or just irritated from having the mask on.

Of course I used a full face mask which creates a whole series of problems for cpap users. The biggest problem with that is leakage; at least it was a problem when I used the cpap. I’m sure that there have been improvements made to the cpap masks now.

Another problem is panic, as in panicking because you think that your air is being cut off. That happened to me a few times.

I never had a problem with claustrophobia but some folks do and having a mask covering your face would definitely be a problem.

Feel free to comment and please subscribe to my RSS feed
Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment