Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The cpap mask and a beard

I know the last time that I had a cpap mask on there was a considerable amount of air leakage going on. I know that there are many different types of masks out there and I should be more particular with the one I wear. The last sleep study that I went on the first thing that the sleep tech said to me was that most guys who use cpap masks don’t have beards because the fit isn’t snug enough.

IS that true? I can’t believe that with all the manufacturers out there that they haven’t developed a mask for guys with beards.

Right now I don’t know anyone that uses a cpap so I can’t ask anyone, but if you use a cpap and have a beard I would like to know if you have any problems.

The last cpap mask that I used didn’t fit my face very well. I did have a beard at the time but I didn’t think that it was a factor. I tried to rig it by using tape where I though the air was escaping. That was difficult because the tape was getting entangled with my beard and in the morning it was painful to pull the tape and mask away from my face. I don’t have a thick beard so I can’t imagine why it would be a problem. But if it is I guess I’ll just shave. It would be a small price to pay for a good night’s sleep.

Feel free to comment and please subscribe to my RSS Feed
thanks

1 comment:

  1. Thats avery best therapy to stop that problem. I like that article. And i like your information. For the more information visit www(dot)snoringisboring(dot)com.

    ReplyDelete