- Depression – If you didn’t sleep or didn’t get any rest for many years you would probably be depressed too. It is common among sleep apnea patients.
- Addiction – This is linked to depression because people often try to self medicate themselves out of problems with pills, sleeping pills especially, alcohol and drugs. Alcohol in fact makes sleep apnea worse.
- Stress – Without the proper rest your body is easily susceptible to stress and anxiety which in turn makes other emotional problems worse.
- OCD – there seems to be a connection between obsessive compulsive disorder and some sleep disorders including sleep apnea.
- Memory loss – memory loss is common with sleep apnea sufferers which can lead to stress and depression.