Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sleep Apnea and Night Sweats

Have you ever gotten up in the morning to find that you are soaking wet with sweat. You have experienced night sweats. There could be many reasons why this is happening and there may be a correlation between sleep apnea and night sweats.

Night sweats or Sleep hyperhidrosis can be caused by many things such as:
  • Migraines
  • Illnesses where you have a fever
  • Epilepsy
  • Head injury
  • Due to waking up frequently sleep apnea is a cause of night sweats
  • Menopause
  • Acid reflux


    Here are few tips to keep you cool at night:
  • Keep the room cool with a fan or air conditioning
  • Don’t eat much before you go to bed
  • Forget about caffeine, booze or cigarettes before going to sleep
  • It goes without saying that if you have a fever take your doctor prescribed medication or an aspirin
  • Don’t exercise too close to bedtime ( actually this is a good sleeping tip as well)



    The only time that I have had night sweats is when I have been sick with a fever. My sleep apnea doesn’t cause me to sweat that much but then again I always make sure that the house is very cool at night. I also put a fan directly in front of me so I don’t get warm.

    Feel free to comment and please subscribe to my RSS Feed
    Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment